front suspension arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension arms

are the front suspension arms the same both sides? need a l/h one but found a r/h one that looks the same, once ARB link and ball joint are removed. cheers martin

I'm not 100% sure but as you say I think they are the same once the balljoint is removed. I don't think the bush mountings are off centre.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Would it not affect Ball joint positioning, as they tend to be handed?

Comment

As I say I'm not 100% sure but I can't remember them being non symmetrical. I.e. you'd simply be inserting the ball joint upside down and swapping its side i.e. rotating it 180 degrees clockwise. Obviously this can only happen if the arm is symmetrical about its longitudinal axis which is the bit I can't remember for sure as I've not got one infront of me.

Comment

i seem to remember the early ball joints was handed.but the same on later models

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
            i seem to remember the early ball joints was handed.but the same on later models
            That's right. You can see that for yourself if you look at the eBay listing for the balljoints, some have a clearly offset casting, others are symmetrical.
            The arm was never listed as a separate part, only an assembly with the joints riveted on, so I can't check that way either.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I've got some new arms in the garage somewhere. If I can get to them I'll have a look if they are different.

Comment

Martin, I have swapped over side for side on the rally car after checking for differences as I couldnt see any. If you lay them flat on the ground there is no air gap either side

I use the offset balljoints to add more neg caster.

Comment

Working...
                X