Metal bumper to plastic bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal bumper to plastic bumper

I know you can modify the plastic bumpers to fit over the metal valances on later maestros but Im wondering if I was to buy a metal bumper shell and cut off these valances, would I be left with what is basically a plastic bumper shell minus plastic bumper mounting points?

Basically Im hoping what they did was add these valances over the top of a standrad shell, then redesign the wings and rear quarters to suit.

So all id have to do is cut it all off and tidy up/refinish the inners, fit early wings and make bumper mounts.

Ross

if you cut the back valance off a metal bumper Maestro, you'll end up with a huge hole straight into the boot area.

Comment

The front bumper fits are all bolt on/off so simple enough to swap over from plastic to metal or vice versa. The rear 1/4 panels are the biggest hurdle though as they are different. It depends on how pukka a job you want to make of it. The simple answer is to trim the bumper to fit and make up some suitable brackets. The proper job is to change the rear 1/4 panels.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
      X