Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing the front roll bar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • removing the front roll bar

    Does anyone know if the front antiroll bar can be removed by just removing the rear u brackets. Can you then pull the roll bar out of the drop links? Or does one of the links need to be removed as well?

  • #2
    Need to undo both drop links I'm afraid.....and I would give them a generous soaking with penetrating oil over a day or two.....I've had one snap on me, but that was in the days where a quick trip to the scrappy would sort.
    1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

    1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

    2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks

      Thanks. I am not surprised, but I thought it worth an ask. I have a pair of the MK2 Golf links I hope to fit during a front end rebuild. I am getting a local engineering company to make a few bits up, so the Golf links will work. If I learn anything helpful I will post it. The Golf links were £1.78 + VAT each!

      Comment

      Working...
      X