No announcement yet.

Non starter MG Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how far away from liverpool are you? can bring your ecu and relays put on my car which does run, i have 20i maestro sitting in garage
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
      how far away from liverpool are you? can bring your ecu and relays put on my car which does run, i have 20i maestro sitting in garage
      Hi, we are only about a hour or so away from you, in oldham. We be rechecking earth points again etc. And let you know. All this help is very much appreciated.
      Thanks Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
        Hi Alan

The EFI ECU controls the fuel pump relay, but the main relay has to be energised in order for the EFI ECU to operate the fuel pump relay.

Just to re-cap on some of your diagnostic work, you can operate the main relay by earthing the main relay pin 85 and also operate the fuel pump relay by earthing the fuel pump relay pin 85. You have also substituted the EFI ECU for a known good unit and have the correct relays fitted. You have checked the earth points on N/S bumper mount and under dash.

It all does suggest you may still have an EFI ECU earth problem. I would Clean up & Re-check both O/S and N/S bumper earth points, and make sure the ECU multi plug earth wires have continuity to earth.
        All the above, will be rechecking the earth points . Good call on earth to ecu (pin 25). Will get down to garage this week. Thanks again Alan.

Comment

Working...
        X