Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Question From PAW Engineering Regarding Big Brake Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Question From PAW Engineering Regarding Big Brake Kit?

I have received an email copied below from Tony at PAW Engineering. They are in the process of making the big brake kit from the maestro. Can anyone help with his question regarding 'would it be possible for you to supply the brackets that locate the brake pads and 2 sliders so that we can double check the alignment?' I will be honest I have no idea what they are. Is that something I can buy and send to him? Has anyone got any laid about? I won’t be able to take them off mine to send as the MG will be getting put back on the road next week and I want it in working condition. Thanks Andrew

Hi Andrew

We are in the process of manufacturing the kits, would it be possible for you to supply the brackets that locate the brake pads and 2 sliders so that we can double check the alignment? We did have some but have mislaid them.
    How much of the kit of parts do you require, obviously you want the brackets and spacers but we also supplied a disc centering ring in the original kit. The brake discs used were VW Corrado, 4 stud pattern with the PDC altered to fit the Maestro drive flange and 2 auxiliary holes drilled to fit the Maestro drive flange, we can do this for you but we would need supplying with the discs.
    To make the kits as cheap as possible for you we will supply them unpainted, minus the mounting bolts but with all spacers.

Best Wishes
    Tony

Progress Aero Works
    Union Mill
    Union Street
    Macclesfield
    Cheshire
    SK11 8AT

01625 423891
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

I think they mean this bit, not so cheap!
    https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-BAU44...hoCYHUQAvD_BwE

Comment

Ok thanks. Certainly not buying them to send then. Whats the chances of getting a diagram of it anywhere?
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

They are the only ones for sale on the internet unfortunately. Has anyone got any second hand ones laying around that I could either buy at a much more reasonable rate or lend and return for the cost of postage? Thanks Andrew
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X