2.0EFi flywheel bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0EFi flywheel bolts

This has been strange, I have for the last 2 days been trying to get hold of some flywheel bolts for my Maestro 2.0EFi. The parts catalogue says SX607091M, it's used on the 2.0 liter Montego, Maestro, Rover 800, BMC 1500 diesel ! and several others. I managed to track down 4 pieces, I need 6, repair manual says replace both the lock washer and flywheel bolts (called screws!) with new ones. I think I have tried about 40 - 50 places but not only does no-one have it, no-one seems to know what the current replacement is. Via the Rover 800 FB page someone gave me a number that Rimmers' users for practically all PG-1 gearbox 2 liter cars and that includes the 1986 Rover 800 when it used the same 'O' engine (I checked in the parts cat and it shows SX607091M. So have a bit of a dilemma here. Use 4 new and 2 old bolts or risk the Rimmer new ones !! I am replacing the clutchplate and we saw oil/grease around the flywheel so we needed to take it off to check the crankshaft oil seal. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions ?
    Attached Files

OK, so Rimmer Bros list LYG10012L as the flywheel retaining screw for all M, T and L series engines, including turbocharged. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-LYG10012L

As these engines contain a lot of O series DNA, I think there is a strong possibility that you could use these screws on the O series. For what they cost, it would be worth taking a chance on a set and then comparing them side by side with your original screws before deciding whether to fit them or not.

If I get the chance over the next couple of days, I will fire up my microfiche reader (its in the freezing cold garage!) and see if there is any likelihood that LYG is a direct supersession for the SX screws (I have some very late editions of the Maestro/Montego fiches plus the R8 200/400 and R3 200 series).
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
      OK, so Rimmer Bros list LYG10012L as the flywheel retaining screw for all M, T and L series engines, including turbocharged. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-LYG10012L

As these engines contain a lot of O series DNA, I think there is a strong possibility that you could use these screws on the O series. For what they cost, it would be worth taking a chance on a set and then comparing them side by side with your original screws before deciding whether to fit them or not.

If I get the chance over the next couple of days, I will fire up my microfiche reader (its in the freezing cold garage!) and see if there is any likelihood that LYG is a direct supersession for the SX screws (I have some very late editions of the Maestro/Montego fiches plus the R8 200/400 and R3 200 series).
      Man thanks, I've bought a set of these "just in case" and will do just that.

Comment

Have a look at MGB flywheel bolts and locking plate. I got a set and much to my surprise they do appear to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by carfix View Post
          Have a look at MGB flywheel bolts and locking plate. I got a set and much to my surprise they do appear to fit?
          Yes they do but they're the earlier bolts SH607091 they could well be stretch ones.

Comment

Working...
          X