Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhausts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exhausts

    After many years in my parents garage I will be putting my 1987 1.6L Maestro back on the road in June. One of the (many) jobs that will need doing is a possible new exhaust as the rear silencer on the old Kwik Fit exhaust has a rusty hole in it.
    I'm considering getting a stainless steel one to replace it, and would appreciate any advice or recommendations on exhaust suppliers for a 1600 S series.
    Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
    173,000 miles.

  • #2
    If you are in the UK then powerflow or exhausts-uk will make you one to fit to your specification. I'm not aware of any off the shelf stainless exhausts however there are a couple of companies which do make pattern stainless exhausts. I think one of them is called sss or triple s or something like that.

    Powerflow have reps all over the country however the service does seem to vary so ask to see examples of their work before you hand over the keys for your car. They also come with a lifetime guarentee.

    I'm spoilt for choice as I live close to both a powerflow rep and exhausts-uk so when I get my campervan done I'll have a look at both of them for options.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      There is a website here http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/ (the website itself is perfomance orientated as you'd expect however there are contact details and a online quote facility on there too for custom exhausts).
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

      Comment

      Working...
      X