Doreen Lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doreen Lives!

today, stuart from this forum came over and helped me to get my D reg maestro 2.0efi going as it would not fire atall.

the first thing we did was strip all the added electrics out (diy immobilser/alarm thing) that the first owner of the car ha added. funnily enough it was a really tidy job they did and in places it was combined within the original engine loom which made things more complex.

basically, stu went through the whole of the electrical system for the efi engine and cancelled out each suspected problem.

anyway, he got it going and it now runs perfectly.
    the only thing i think i need to do is check/change the alternator and check the fule pump because it seems to not be performing aswelll as it should do. we have a straigh power feed from the battery to the pump now and it makes it run ok.

if anyone is interested in the ins and outs im sure stuart will fill you in.

i still dont think he knows what was wrong with it - i think it was one of those electrical gremlins that are small but take a while to find/cure.

a massive thanks to stuart for today and il say one thing, this bloke knows his O series efi engines

Cheers

Ben

p.s i will service and vallet her soon and put some propper pictures up in the gallery

aye buddy doreen lives again cured

only a few things left 2 do

change the relays bud and the altinator job done
    doreen will now be happilly relieved to be alive!!!

overall its a spot on fantastic original by long gone
    soo perfect so good i love it and i want it

c u soon again buddy take care stu

Comment

All these people so close, we should arrange a meet at Chippenham

Glad its running Ben

Comment

Good news Ben.

I don't think we have seen many photos of your MG, It would be nice to have some new ones for us to look at.

Comment

i'm sure he will do a good polish and valet
          will come out a pukka brand new motah wish it is 1986 :laugh:
          tell u what it been one the best originals i ever seen

i love o series 4eva
          stu

Comment

i will when i get a minute rich.

yes, deffo a good idea about a little meet up john

and thanks again to stuart pukka work mate

Comment

Hate to be the bringer of doom, but you know how she has a habit of making you think shes all fixed and then biting you in the bum by breaking down 500 yards up the road..... Well you might not, but it happened to me enough times! :laugh:
              I'm still not convinced that alternator's faulty, it didnt give any warning of going like the one in my 2.0i did, which has been made a little better by a new brush pack, but will need ultimately changing soon - when I get round to it you can borrow the old one Ben and see if it does the same, or if I get the car back soon we can swop them over! Anyway, must dash - Mum's moaning that we've got no milk or bread!!

Ricky.

Comment

she is not gonna break down this time buddy

Comment

Originally posted by POOH

fingers crossed, touch wood etc :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by POOH
                    I hope you're right - I really do! I am just going to take a lot of convincing that this is the end of the matter - if she keeps going without hiccup until the end of May, I'll begin to come round to the idea that perhaps she is fixed after all!!:laugh: Call me a pessimist, but Doreen's battered my hopes down enough times, and I fear the fact that she was in the scrapyard in the first place proves testament to the fact that I haven't been the only one.....!

Comment

Working...
                    X