No announcement yet.

Head Lining Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just placed my order with Woolies. The cloth and glue will be coming on Friday all being well.

I ordered the Empire grey cloth and was advised to use the high temperature glue,which is available in spray on form (part No.376) and in spread on form (part number 259)

Apparently the spray on glue is most popular and it sounds the easiest so I went with that. they suggested 2 cans would do the job, as it might be a bit tight with one. apparently its a contact adhesive so you have to spray the headlining cloth and the backing.

I'll see how it goes, I bet I manage to make a mess, but it cant be any worse than the current one which is now completely sagged.

Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

I've done the job now, and it was really easy, took me about 3 hours from undoing the first screw to completing the job and having it all fastened back in the car, I did it last night. I got my Dad and Sister to give me a hand sticking the cloth to the backing just so it didnt end up creasing everywhere.

It really is easy, the hardest part was cleaning all the old foam off the backing.

you definitely need the two cans of adhesive.

its a fantastic difference inside the car now, well worth doing. Thanks go to Simon for the inspiration.

Andy
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Working...
      X