Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Look what happened last night.

Broken into with a concrete ornamental duck of all things, in fact that was the only thing about it that was humerous. Just as funny as it would be if I ever catch the .
    Attached Files

b_stards!

Hope they didnt take anything. It shouldn't be to expensive to have the glass changed - they didn't damage the frame or anything did they? Not the best weather to have no window!

Comment

I was very lucky, i had come back from F153 JUE's the night before and got home at 2am, left my credit card in the tray under the radio, despite it was covered, erm, and a selection of club stickers on the back seat nothing was taken, i hope the alarm scared them off, but i reckoned they would come back for another go so removed everything, and imobilised her well, including removal of the steering wheel. I covered the hole in plastic, but this morning it was ripped off, and it was soacked inside. Soonest for new glass is Tuesday

Comment

. Think someone should shove an ornamental duck up their a if they were to be caught.

Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

but nobody thinks of the poor duck
          Last edited by tony; 23rd November 2003, 20:44.
          Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Theres one thing to be thankfull for, and that is that they didnt ruin any of your doors like they did mine when they broke in to it, a windows cheaper to sort than a door skin. it just looks like one of those pointless attacks, they would have put a door window through if they had wanted to get in, I know how you must feel now, very paranoid about it i imagine. its worth getting one of those small domestic CCTV cameras rigged up, some one I work with has got one pointing at his car and its really good, then you can give the police real evidence to do somthing. Im going to get one rigged up myself

Andy
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE
              some one I work with has got one pointing at his car and its really good, then you can give the police real evidence to do somthing.
              Sorry, nope. Have CCTV ourselves, Police did squat when we gave them footage of two doing the Astra over...
              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Sorry, nope. Have CCTV ourselves, Police did squat when we gave them footage of two doing the Astra over...
                I know that the scum that do this sort of thing have a habit of getting away with it which is annoying but not too suprising remembering the story about the bloke with the cavalier with the empty washer bottle who had three coppers going over his car for no good reason.

If you do have CCTV though you can at least give it to the police, they may decide to do somthing, especially if they already suspect them of doing somthing, it might be another nail in the coffin of some lowlife if not the final nail.

The only problem is if they do get sent down they just play pool and playstation with their mates for a few weeks at the taxpayers expense. hard labour is what they need, make them work and that will pay for the cost to keep them in prison

andy
                CURRENT FLEET:
                1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

totally agree with the hard labour option,i thought the idea of prison's/young offenders institution's were to be correctional not as a reward type system.

Comment

(Sigh!) What about a vigilante uprising? Mind you, there's not enough solidarity in this country for that kind of thing!

Wishfully thinking vanner department.

Comment

I think thieving hands should be removed simple as that, and the more they reoffend, the more limbs should be removed

They certainly wouldn't do it again, would make people think twice about doing it in the first place and it would cut the country's tax bill for keeping people out of jail.

Maybe that's totally against all this human rights b0ll0x, but the little $h1ts get away with far too much these days and why the little b******s get rewards like holidays for being unruly is beyond me

Jail is just an inconvenience.

There's no justice in todays world.
                      Last edited by Jolly_MG_Maestro; 24th November 2003, 09:33.

Comment

Rich!

As if sitting on the M25 for about 8 hours wasn't enough

I'm glad you got back safely - I must admit I felt a little bad sending you back to Hampshire after that drive you had. What a pain in the backside that some scally had to break your window as well.

I had a similarly bad weekend Maestro-wise as the one I went to see in Torquay turned out to be in worse condition than I was lead to believe - 'Interior excellent' in the Advert should have read 'Interior partial and filthy, free mouse droppings on the passenger's seat'. What a shocking Maestro. Funny thing was that even after I'd bump-started it down every hill in Torquay I still couldn't get it started. I think the electrics were rubber ducked but there you go - starter certainly was although that was mentioned in the ad. That is the sort of Maestro that gives our cars a bad image.

Grrr.

Btw, with that window removed are you able to waxoyl the inside of the wheel arch? - maybe you could force it in to the gap where the panels meet.
                        You can contact me by clicking here.
                        Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

That was the B reg on the classifieds? Did it have any rust then? Mind you the advert did say free to a good home, so can't complain.

What you need another car for anyway, thought you had plenty

Anyway torquay is a nice place for a weekend trip out!

Lindz
                          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Well, the car's not for me it's for a very good mate who is about to take his test (although he's been driving for a long time). He knows me ability to find Maestros either very cheaply or for free so has enlisted my help. Besides, there's nothing I like more that rescuing a Maestie from the crusher.

If only I could find him one like the blue VP that was given to me, and before you ask, he's not having that!

For insurance and tax reasons, the search continues for a 1.3 with good body and (fairly) low miles.

The B-reg in Torquay was relatively rust-free, although there was rust on all of the door posts, all over the tailgate and one front wing would require patching up. The bodywork was also quite dented: tailgate, passenger door, rear driver's side door and passenger side front wing all had very visible defects. The mileage was also 72,000, not 60,000 although I knew about that before I went. Oh one other thing: no headlining! in fact the whole interior was iffy lots of the plastic was missing or cracked and it was in a fair old state.

All in all if one a few of these things had been wrong then it'd have been okay, sadly I fear it's past it. I felt like taking a couple of panels and dumping the rest but that would have seriously inconvenienced the mice
                            You can contact me by clicking here.
                            Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Doesn't sound like the advert at all, grr some people can be so vague and dishonest about the state their vehicle is in. It would have saved you a wasted journey if they had been honest. Well I will keep my eyes out for a nice 1.3 for you then which is cheap or free to a good home. You could do with something like ggt for £50

Lindz
                              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X