Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Filler Cap - R Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oil Filler Cap - R Series

    Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy a new one?

  • #2
    Why do you need a new one?
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      I noticed that the bottom of the cap I have is a bit mangled and chewed up, becoming less secure. I had a quick look in Halfords, but they don't stock any replacement for this engine

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi, I had to locate one of those one upon a time, they are no longer available anywhere, I found one on a 1500 r series engine from a maxi at a breakers yard.... only place I can suggest or go onto the maxi/allegro website.....

        Comment


        • #5
          oil filler cap

          I had an R series with a mangled cap. I found that it would screw on and stay put with no loss of oil, but it had to be carefully screwed on and then ignored. Any attempt to improve this stand off resulted in failure.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok, so if I want a better cap, it's going to have be second hand?

            I'd best get looking around then

            Thanks for your replies

            Comment


            • #7
              Put a picture up as I'm sure there is something that'll fit still available.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

              Comment


              • #8
                Doers anyone know if the oil filler cap for the 1.6 S Series is still available please?

                My local garage is quoting around £17 for a new one, but up to now they haven't managed to produce one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BenGMain View Post
                  Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy a new one?
                  Hi, it is probably worth just taking it in to your local back street motor factors and show it to them. You might get lucky as there will be a few kicking around in dusty old boxes, because there were some after market versions made.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good idea!
                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      re 1.6 s series engine oil filler cap

                      hello i managed to get a filler cap for a 1.6litre s series engine from helfords last year and i think i seen a couple on the self in march this year they was not very expensive either.dave

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I got one on Ebay for £4. I spoke with the seller on email prior to sale and he has a few of them available at the moment. Now's your chance.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rhisiart View Post
                          Doers anyone know if the oil filler cap for the 1.6 S Series is still available please?

                          My local garage is quoting around £17 for a new one, but up to now they haven't managed to produce one.
                          These S series caps are the same as those on many Ford models and a quick look at a parts catalogue eg in Halfords will confirm which ones. The Ford part number for the S Series filler cap is 89BF6766 6177354. The BL part number for the S series cap is GFE 6011, and for the R series filler cap is CAM 8638.
                          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X