Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seized S Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    It could be just the photo but the two con rods on the right look bent to me. It could be that the engine has been rebuilt at sometime with the rods incorrectly fitted. Or it could be just me

    Comment


    • #32
      daft question maybe but how difficult would it be to just source another engine?
      I really fancy a diesel conversion with this - but i don't know what the insurance implications would be... but I'm also interested in keeping it original - and an engine change would be a massive contradiction in that case! a second hand 1.6 engine would be a good idea, but I thought it might be nice to try and fix the original engine - to keep it as it left the factory, I suppose S series engines that are in good nick are becoming hard to find but this might turn out to be the only option...


      Originally posted by G Force View Post
      It could be just the photo but the two con rods on the right look bent to me. It could be that the engine has been rebuilt at sometime with the rods incorrectly fitted. Or it could be just me

      looking at that photo it does look bent, I'll have a closer look at them when i'm next out in the garage. if it is bent - I wonder if its happened because I've been running it on the starter motor to try and get it going and there was too much pressure from the crank shaft between the big end and a reluctant to move piston?... I don't think it's ever been rebuilt, well the privious owner is quite Anal with service history etc and he didn't mention it... It gets worse - flaming engine

      on a positive note, a couple more rings have freed up as a result of soaking in Diesel.

      As usual - thanks for the suggestions - all oppinions appreciated and welcome!

      Andy
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

      Comment

      Working...
      X