Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel tank leak.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fuel tank leak.

    This is something I should dealt with years ago ! Now I don't know where to start I think it's more noticeable when I fill the tank right up .Can anyone give me any pointers ? What is easiest to cross off the list first ?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mattr; 11th April 2014, 19:02.

  • #2
    IF it isn't the fuel filler pipe corroded then it is usually the fuel tank seam that is leaking.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      re tank

      it sounds like the seam of the tank only half fill tank and you mite not waste fuel till you get time to replace or repair your tank

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the replies,do I just follow Haynes to remove ? whether it's a diesel or petrol ?

        Comment


        • #5
          There are 4 bolts and both pipes to remove. I'd suggest a replacement tank will be easiest but difficult to source these days sadly.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm seriously beginning to believe that I'm the the last Montego owner in France which means that sourcing spares has become very very difficult

            Comment


            • #7
              Am I the last Montego owner left in France ?

              Comment

              Working...
              X