Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Wiper Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More Wiper Help

    So my wipers went up the swanny last year and I fixed as the ball socket thingy had come adrift!

    Anyway now the wipers don't do a full arc - is this something to do with how I positioned the wipers or do I need a new motor (I think it had a new motor a couple of years back) The list of little jobs is getting bigger!
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

    Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

  • #2
    i had a problem when i purchased my maestro in 1998.it was the bolts holding the motor to the body work.that had been fitted wrong.with the wiper comeing off the fixings and washers holding the rubber mountings

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
      i had a problem when i purchased my maestro in 1998.it was the bolts holding the motor to the body work.that had been fitted wrong.with the wiper comeing off the fixings and washers holding the rubber mountings
      Good to know thanks. I will take it apart and see what the score is.
      1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
      1989 BMW 316i
      2013 BMW 320d Touring
      2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

      Treasurer
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

      Comment


      • #4
        also check where the arms fit, if this is loose or worn it causes the ball joint to pop off

        not doing a full arc means they arn;t fitted right, the motor just goes around, the twin arms cause the sweep motion, so if they are restricted in anyway that will stop the full sweep.

        Comment


        • #5
          still struggling with this - refitted and greased the linkage and now passenger side works full arc but drivers side isn't! I have got it so it clears most of the screen but parks high. I need to check the MOT rules to see if I can get it through as is - scratching my head though!
          1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
          1989 BMW 316i
          2013 BMW 320d Touring
          2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

          Treasurer
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

          Comment


          • #6
            If this is for a Montego then it maybe the same problem I had,where the linkage fits onto the motor it has like a little gearbox thing with a spring inside under the plastic cover,if this has not been set right after a motor change or the spring has snapped like mine had then it will no longer self park and it will be hit and miss where they wipe because mine no matter how many times I tryed to adjust the wipe on mine it would do it's own thing.Got a good used linkage and same motor set it up now does what it should

            Comment

            Working...
            X