No announcement yet.

What is this, and where can I get one?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this, and where can I get one?!

I've got this resistor that appears to be on the ignition circuit.. It is not on the Haynes circuit diagram. Can anyone help ID it and also tell me where I can get a replacement if it has gone bad..
    Attached Files

I think it is a oneway diode. If I remember right it is some thing to do with the fog light but I might be wrong its been a while since I had any thing to do with them.
    Peter

Comment

There is also an ambient air temp sensor which looks similar from memory somewhere behind one of the headlamps.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by beniboyz View Post
        I've got this resistor that appears to be on the ignition circuit.. It is not on the Haynes circuit diagram. Can anyone help ID it and also tell me where I can get a replacement if it has gone bad..
        Hi

That is an ambient air temp sensor for the fuel management system (auto choke, carb versions) it is located in the loom on the N/S/F inner wing. Just as E_T_V has already mentioned. It should not be confused with the 6.8k inline resistor from the coil - terminal to the EFI ECU on fuel injected models. This part is located behind the washer bottle.

The two parts look almost identical apart from the Lucas male connectors are different materials, the 6.8k resistor has copper coloured connections where as the ambient air temp sensor has brass coloured connections.

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks all that inputted here.

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X