VW gear linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW gear linkage

I'm going to put my Estate back on the road in the next month or so. its been SORN all last year, and now its time it was on the road again.

MOT shouldn't be much of a problem, but in the last year it was on the road the gear linkage kept breaking.

luckily, this never happened any where serious, but I can do without it happening on a roundabout or somewhere like that....

the problem is the ball joints in the linkage popping apart. is there a source of new linkages out there at a reasonable price? I cant see second hand one being a viable option, I guess popping the links apart when I took the engine and gear box out has caused this and second hand ones are likely to be as bad.

Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

VW linkage

Hi , a short while back I had a problem with the gears on my maestro always seemed a bit stiff , anyway tracked down a company called Veedubmachine on ebay called them on the phone spoke to a guy called Pedro who fixed me up with a gear linkage kit the gear change is now perfect in every way . Give Pedro a call , this guy can`t do enough to help you the number is 01209 314206 .

Comment

Working...
    X