Rear Facing Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Facing Seat

I have an L reg estate for which I have acquired the rear facing seat bits (before anyone asks, yes the car does have the right rear glass). Doing a trial fit today has revealed that the load bay side panels have an aperture for the belt to come through from the reel but no preformed apertures for the upper mounting rod nor the lower mounting. Providing one but not all three apertures seems odd especially as it means AR would have need to carry two styles of side panels in their inventory. Also there is no aperture in the cant rail finisher for the support rod . Does anyone have these panels with the required apertures? Just having a pair to take precise measurements from would be something.

Also, what does the upper attachment point (behind the headlining) for the support rod look like? I can see where the grab handles attach but not the support rod. It might help me if I knew if the rod should be dead vertical or if it is angled at all.

Also, does the support rod pass through or behind the headlining?

i think the side panel holes were drilled by hand when required, the right hand one on our car has the bar hole slightly wrong. the bar has the same slope as the d pillar.

Comment

You could be right about the holes being hand formed Robert although it seems a bit haphazard. What I don't understand is why the seat bolt hole is pre-forrmed but none of the others are. I have now seen two cars with the rear facing seats and their seat belt upper mounting bars are fixed at the same angle as the d pillar like yours.

Comment

Working...
      X