X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Seal

Thoughts on this product for HG failure
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Absolute last resort ! It has been known to work, but didn't work on my K series engine and left the engine needing a lot of work to get it out of the system, new rad, new water pump etc just to unclog the water ways.

Comment

In my experience it works but does eventually cause more issues further down the line. I would sum it up as a car dealers best friend!! Ideal for a quick bodge up and sell on. I have used it twice, once in a Mitsubishi pick up which was only used around the farm and once in a VW 1.9tdi, worked well both times to be honest and didn't keep either of them long enough to worry about the long term effects. If it's your pride and joy don't do it, if it's a cheap run around that will probably end up scrapped then go for it!

Comment

I used k seal on my rover 45 it lasted a 10 months.i blocked off my heater when I first put it in but I removed my clamp in the winter. to keep warm and demist but finaly
        in the spring the head gave up number one cylinder filled up with water and locked up due to the hydraulics water cannot be compressed.so the car is still on the drive
        as spares for my other rover 45.i removed the water from the system and no 1 cylinder.it still starts up but no water so I only turn the engine over

Comment

I will be swaping the engine over and putting the origanal rebuilt one back in when i get the bodywork sorted so i think its worth a try .
          Sure & steadfast.
          BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
          1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
          X