Powerflex roll bar link bushes, its getting closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerflex roll bar link bushes, its getting closer

With a big well done to oseerees for testing the VW Golf MK2 bush and showing that it will fit.

Powerflex do a bush for the MK2 golf roll bar links, and i have been having email discusions with powerflexes sales manager, who is very inerested. I have said that if they make the VW golf bushes but with a 12mm diameter hole they will fit perfectly. Their bushes i believe dont come with the metal links so we will still require the VW part.

Will keep you posted on the out come. I believe it will go through as there will be next to no manufactoring costs to them as all they have to do is make the same bush they do at the moment but with a 12mm hole. They were very intrested when i told them that the OE part is NLA from dealers or aftermarket

Interesting aside to that.

Just found this on ebay, VAG genuine anti-roll bar links secondhand but these are fitted with BONRATH poly bushes. I've never heard of Bonrath but they obviously do polybushes. Something else to look for!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK2-GT...d=p3286.c0.m14

Looking at the links themselves, it looks like the rod part bushes have the bush cups welded in place, so genuine VAG part is not the one to go for.

I'm still thinking of 'sleeving' the end of the roll bar but a proper fitting bush would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by henocsr View Post
      With a big well done to oseerees for testing the VW Golf MK2 bush and showing that it will fit.

Powerflex do a bush for the MK2 golf roll bar links, and i have been having email discusions with powerflexes sales manager, who is very inerested. I have said that if they make the VW golf bushes but with a 12mm diameter hole they will fit perfectly. Their bushes i believe dont come with the metal links so we will still require the VW part.

Will keep you posted on the out come. I believe it will go through as there will be next to no manufactoring costs to them as all they have to do is make the same bush they do at the moment but with a 12mm hole. They were very intrested when i told them that the OE part is NLA from dealers or aftermarket
      That's great news.... Well done so far to both of you...

True Enthusiasts
      *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
      Follow me at
      FourNineSix

Comment

The saying a little knowledge is dangerous springs to mind here. A harder material should not be used for the type of designed link. You are constaining a much needed DOF if you do. It might feel better but I can assure you it certainly wont make a car go faster due to it unless the suspension system is poorly set up in the first place.
        Manufacturers sell them because people are polarized that polyurethane is best for anything suspension related and cant be told anything else. In the motorsport industry its called brite and ****e.

On a separete note Well done on finding a cheap solution though for availability, I appriciate the efforts you have put in for other enthusiasts .
        I doubt they will last as long as the british made marine grade Stainless steel ones I have for sale but will certainly help those who cant afford the quality items.
        Peeps can pm me if they need a set at £90 per pair

Just for the record I design suspension systems on cars for a living and have a Masters degree in engineering, all first class grades....
        Last edited by TEAM78; 7th October 2008, 18:28.

Comment

Working...
        X