Montego Lugage Tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Lugage Tray

Does anyone know who was the origanal maker of this accesory for the montego estate.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Or more to the point,if anybody out there,has 2 for sale,then me ,and david want one!! :laugh:

Please,thanks!!
    1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
    1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
    1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Originally posted by malpas820@hotmail.co View Post
      Or more to the point,if anybody out there,has 2 for sale,then me ,and david want one!! :laugh:

Please,thanks!!
      Well no i wasnt thinking that .But the possability of getting them remanufactured.After all its only injected plastic and there are origanals around to take copys of.
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Ah,i like your thinking,batman!! :laugh:

Still if you went to an "injecting moulding company", they will probably want to make you 100 of them,at least!!

Put me down for one!!

Comment

...Armadillo! That's who made boot liners originally as tailored aftermarket liners for estates, hatchbacks and vans.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Does that company still exsist and where abouts are they.
            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
              ...Armadillo! That's who made boot liners originally as tailored aftermarket liners for estates, hatchbacks and vans.

Ohh, vans

Comment

could you not make your own ones out of a sheet of mdf or something?

Comment

:laugh:I have already been there with the wooden idear .It dosent do the same job not being water proof and wood is heaver than a plastic tray (haveing 5 dogs to carry around have to keep the weight down!!!)and less tidy looking aswell. If any one can point me in the Direction of where Armadillo company was located (possably in the midlands?) it would be a good start .
                  Sure & steadfast.

Comment

If a tray come up now,or i hear of one ,i will pm you ,first ,david!

Comment

Have you tryed these people

http://www.boot-buddy.com/Articles.html

Comment

I have a full lengh boot type liner for when the seats are down made by over the top which is simerler to this company.Although it is waterproof it is not the same as having a tray!!!
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Why not make one from GRP using a wooden mould?

I can't remember the location of Armadillo. Maybe they were an offshoot of Auto-Plas who used to make rear window louvres for amongst others, Ford Capri's (and also Maestro's and Metro's), or perhaps Richard Grant who used to do tasty plastic add on body kits way back when...
                          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

[QUOTE=Simon,]Why not make one from GRP using a wooden mould ?

I had the same thought when i walked by a local GRP specilist on tuesday.I will have a chat with them.
                            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                              Why not make one from GRP using a wooden mould?

I can't remember the location of Armadillo. Maybe they were an offshoot of Auto-Plas who used to make rear window louvres for amongst others, Ford Capri's (and also Maestro's and Metro's), or perhaps Richard Grant who used to do tasty plastic add on body kits way back when...
                              Wasnt it Richard that was going to do a w&p type rear bumper for the estate?
                              did he manage to do one?
                              Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Working...
                              X