Custom Intercooler and Chargecooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Intercooler and Chargecooler

One massive Pace Intercooler with a Pace Chargecooler welded onto the inlet pipe..
    It came off a Rover 600 Turbo.

It came with a Pre rad also made by Pace. So I just need to buy and pump and header tank.

It fits perfectly with out the Radiator needing to be moved at all.

Just had to cut a small bit of metal out of the side of the front valance, for the chargecooler to fit.

And the boost pipes only needed separating and shortening.

Also the car is looking forward to it's new home which will be in 2 weeks time..! A very nice new large garage, Which just happens to be next to my new house
    :roll: 8)

8)
    Last edited by EVO AL; 16th May 2009, 22:24.
    *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
    Follow me at
    FourNineSix

Ah,just looking as this over on triple....

Very flash,that should help the old girl along.!!!

And i bet you cant wait to get in that new garage ,too!!

nice one ,alex!!
    1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
    1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
    1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

That's one top inter cooler what B.H.P are you goig to get with that set up. It is going to be a monster mind I have looked at your pics and it looked like it already was. Keep up the good work so many people give up on the O-serise and put in a T- but I love the noise of an O-. They just have that raspy bark and seem to have more pull lower down the rev's.

Comment

Thanks guys....

Anything over 200bhp will be good. The lower the inlet air temp is the less chance of any detination. So I should be able to run higher boost off the standard turbo.

I don't like the T16 engine. Too many valves and does not feel as fast like for like compared to the O series. And T16 is more expensive to tune.
        *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
        Follow me at
        FourNineSix

Comment

Thats another thumbs up for the 8v!!

And i feel the same reason ,as you do,alex,too many valves,specially if that dreaded cambelt snaps,on the t16!!
          1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
          1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
          1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Junk the standard turbo, its really unleashes alot of power....

Comment

I know what a world of diference a good inter cooler makes my metro went from 130 to 153 bhp with no boost tweak because of the custom front mount that sits were the grile is. Old skool 8v all the way I am sick of T16 as I have been fiting one into my bros 200 BRM today.

Comment

Working...
              X