Alternitive vac pipe connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternitive vac pipe connectors

I found the T peice on the vac pipe broken and although have got new bits in a box coundnt be arsed to go through all the boxes to find it but had some small Hozlock T pieces from a micro bore watering system for the greenhouse .I pushed on 3 pieces of the tubing onto the Tpiece then pushed the vac pipes into these.The vac pipes are not as a tight fit so put a sealent round the pipe to make them air tight and seam to be working ok .
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Useful tip. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Funny ive used watering system stuff before aswell!
      Im trying to make a plant food feeder for my system using copper brake pipe and central heating pipe! Not working yet though

Comment

As pointed out to me this fix may not last due to the heat but we will see
        Sure & steadfast.
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Just an update.it is over a year now and the Hozelock connectors used are still working perfectly ok with no signs of the heat affecting the plastic.
          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Working...
          X