X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Maestro Rear Lights

I tainted the indicator light in red, and this is how it look

now, i have to try green or blue bulbs to get the orange color

It looks good.as long as you can get it to flash orange. The Fiat cinquecento sporting had red indicator lights on the rear as standard. May help you to look there.

Comment

I think for styling, that looks fantastic. I hope you're able to source some orange bulbs so you can use them effectively.
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

in my job, i check the lights of cars, and all the new cars with tail lights red, has green covers for the bulbs to get the orange with the red. So, that is what i'm goin to try.
        This is just a practice, fortunely, i've got tail lights for spare

Comment

I was thinking of doing this aswell. Gives the maestro a more fresh updated look without being too obvious and not boy racer like black tinted etc. Very subtle

It is green bulbs you need. What did you use to tint them? You can buy tinting film which can be pulled back off if you dont like it. Thats what would do rather than buy tinting spray

Comment

Just take them off for the ITV / MOT. American cars and vintage ones indicate with the brake lights so I wouldn't worry, and in the dark they glow orange anyway IMO. I've already done this mod on my turbo and in 2003 when I converted my TD to a tickford kitted MG replica.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

i've don't have problems with ITV/MOT, i work in it XD . And i've got like 3 pairs of tail lights. In one pair, i will tint the indicator, and the reverse will have 32 Leds ¿hi-intensity? white . when i put the reverse, the night will be the day XD

Comment

another idea

Comment

what do u tint it with ....

Comment

excuse me, i don't understand the question.

what i tint or with what i tint it?

Comment

What product did you use?
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

it's an acrilic spray, specially for lights, avaliable at least in black, clear and red.

I don't remember the brand, i loose the spray .

Comment

That's just ordinary tint spray available anywhere isn't it? I would imagine you are using orange indicator bulbs? I was in Madrid recently but only for a short while. Would still like to see your car at some point if I get the opportunity

Comment

the bulb is normal, y just tint lines, so the light still lights orange .

The maestro doesn't work now, the water pump die and i don't have any time, and i'm changing the seats of the 820Ti

Comment

That's a shame but easy to fix. I was thinking I might drive over in my TD next time, I'm too scared of taking the Tickford anywhere .

Comment

Working...
                              X