maestro-montego fog lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestro-montego fog lights?

Hi, i'm gonna add extra hi beam-fog lights on my maestro, but i want to know if MGR has an original switch for front fog lights. that exists?

On the MG Maestro Turbo they are wired into the high-beam circuit. The mk1 Maestro dashboard had a spare slot suitable for a separate switch.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

the turbo additional lights are high beam or fog lights?

exists the switch for front fog lights or for what are the spare slot suitable?

Comment

On the Turbo, when you switch the heaplamps to high beam, the driving lamps are switched on as well as the headlamps. But yes, they are driving lamps, not foglamps.

In the UK, foglamps need a switch of their own. A separate switch was available for front fog lamps, but only the early Maestros had a blank space on the dashboard for it. If you have the later dashboard, as most people will have, perhaps you could wire front foglamps into the same circuit as the rear foglamps (you would possibly need to uprate the fuse as well). Though I don't know if this would be legal in your country.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

i think i've got 2 blank spaces, and my idea, was fit the latest montegos dashboard.

Comment

G51 NAV, Happy birthday
            Feliz cumpleaños

Comment

There are suitable switches for both fog lamps and auxillary front lights available. All you need it the space for them in the dash. There is room for upto 6 switches to the right of the steering wheel (probably the left of the wheel in european contries!), most cars have 4 switches and a coin tray though.

Do you want extra high beam lights or do you want fog lights? They are very different and need wiring differently too.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

i bought dual headlamps, fog-light and high beam, tomorrow i take a picture

Comment

Ahh ok so you just need a fog lamp switch then. You can wire the main beam units into the original main beam circuit (using a suitable relay of course). I did it on mine ages ago and I've got to do it again on my project van too.

Comment

where can i see your maestro or your van???

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7818304...673286/detail/

Comment

how could be a maestro van with the front of maestro EFi???

Comment

Yes it was done by the previous owner. However my new van (the blue and white one) will be similar but powered by the more modern rover diesel engine.

Comment

ok, one pic of the lights

I was searching blank spaces inboard, and i don't have it

maybe here?

Comment

On the other side of the steeringwheel there is a switch panel for the rear wiper and washer etc. There should be some spaces here for another switch. You can fit up to six switches there.

Comment

Working...
                              X