Maestro Alloy Air Filter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Alloy Air Filter Box

This is my first post and I wonder if any members can help with a bit of an 'off the wall' query?

Does anyone know where I might acquire a maestro Air Filter box/housing in alloy, stainless steel or similar to repalce the standard black plastic model?

I actually want this to fit to a Morgan 4/4 which, in typical Morgan Motor Company tradition has many parts from other major manaufacturers' models

In this case, the air filter box/housing is the Maestro unit but merely 'turned on its side'!

Any leads really would be apppreciated

Thanks.
    Last edited by GLLHG; 4th July 2009, 17:26. Reason: Typos!!

I've never seen one so I think it'll have to be something custom built.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I've never seen a modded or ally one either.
      Are you talking the 'round' or 'rectangular' plastic airbox?

Most MM owners if they dispense with either, then they fit a cone filter.

Comment

Maestro alloy air filter box

It's the round one. Horrible looking piece of kit!

Yes, normally I would agree that would be the obvious way to go. The problem I have is that because I want to use it in a Morgan, it's a remote fitting on the bulkhead and if I just fit a cone filter and bin the filter housing I'll get warm, turbulent air coming from the engine.

One answer would be to fit a closed induction kit eg Pipercross Viper, Green, K and N Apollo, a BMC or perhaps best of all an ITG closed box with a Maxogen filter. The problem I then have though, is that to get cold air I have to have a long ducting hose running down the inside of the passenger side wing and to get to a cold air source it will probably be more than 800mm long- and that will exceed the recommended absolute maximum length which most manufacturers specify

Anyway, I'm going to try it next week and put it on the dyno. Wish me luck!

Comment

Bonnet vents/louvres perhaps?

A picture would help I'm sure

Good luck on the dyno.

Comment

Yes,
            I think the louvres/ vents track is the right way to go. Funnily enough, there is a famous bit of history concerning this and Morgans. The Le Mans 24 hours Class winning Plus 4 'TOK 258' had a Trimph TR engine fitted with sidedraft Webers. ( The road models usually had Strombergs) and because when trumpets were fitted the Webers were too wide for the bonnet, the factory added a scoop/cowl.

It is possible - although pricey- to do the same to any Morgan bonnet, especially because the bonnet is in two halves and only one has to be modded but with the Zetec E engined cars, the scoop needs to be on the passenger side, not the drivers.

There's a good pic of what it looked like at http://images.forbes.com/images/2002...ow_415x257.jpg

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the Maestro /Montego site- just got carried away!

Cheers

Comment

Yes I was thinking of using the louvres that are already there if possible rather than create more of them.

Comment

40 - louvre bonnet- all of 'em facing backwards!
                The joys of Morgan ownership!

Comment

Working...
                X