electric sunroof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric sunroof?

is posible put the electric sunroof from 820 in maestro?

No. It is only possible to fit one from the Montego Estate models.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by edus View Post
      is posible put the electric sunroof from 820 in maestro?
      you might find Malpas has one for sale
      Sure & steadfast.
      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

the question is that now if got a 820 ti to swap the engine into the maestro. So i want to make the same with the clima, front seats, electric sunroof... more or less, put in the maestro all the better things of the 820

Comment

If you find a Montego breaking in Spain it will have air conditioning. Also, you can upgrade your existing sunroof to electric using Montego parts (motor and switch panel), or you can find an estate being broken and remove the sunroof /electrics. The Recaro seats will fit into the Maestro. You need to change / swap the mountings / fixings from the original seats.

Comment

Did ALL Spanish Monties have aircon then - and what other markets got it?

Seems daft to me that the parts COULD be fitted and were available, yet we weren't even offered aircon as an option! even if it were silly money SOMEONE would have specified it on a VP or Exec.
            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Forgot to add - most likely if it is the 'Oxford Edition'. There is more space for air conditioning parts in the Montego so you would need to improvise. A/C parts have not been available new since 1998.

Comment

Finding montego's in spain?? i think not,most of us are finding them hard to find here,where most of them are/now gone!!

I do have one,but its manual,as i sold the only electric one,i had left, yesterday (bl day)

Plus sending it overseas,that big would cost £££,wouldnt it??
                1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
                1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
                1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

once in the ¿yunk yard? i found an onty with electric sunroof... but i spend a lot of time and the monty goes bye .

someone try the 820 option?

in Spain, montys don't have all AC

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                    No. It is only possible to fit one from the Montego Estate models.
                    Not the saloons?
                    Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

I'm pretty sure the saloon ones do not fit Maestros but happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the saloon ones do not fit Maestros but happy to be proven wrong.
                        I think the glass is a different shape

Comment

but i don't need the glass, is just change the manual system with the electric engine. Until september i don't have time, then, i try it

Comment

Just to follow up on this thread:

Keep your Maestro glass panel as the Montego ones are a slightly different shape

Remove from the Montego:

Electric sunroof assembly (bolted to roof)
                            Switch and plastic surround (on headlining)
                            All wiring / relay / motor that you find in the roof next to the switch. This will also include the wiring for the over-head lights.

Trace the wiring down the windscreen pillar and unplug the multiplug from the back of the back of the Montego fusebox.

When fitting this to the Maestro you have to get a fused 12v supply but there's space to add this to the fusebox. You can cut off the multi-plug from the wiring as the Maestro has a different fusebox to the Montego.

Also, remove the glass panel from the sunroof assembly and don't fit the Maestro one before you bolt it in. It's a lot easier to bolt it in place and then fit the glass later on and it also avoids scratching the panel's metal surround on the bottom of the roof.

Finally, depending on the year of Montego, you might need to saw off two metal points from the sunroof assembly - some had these, some didn't but they won't fit the Maestro if they're there.

It's not all that difficult to do!
                            You can contact me by clicking here.
                            Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Working...
                            X