GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTI

Hi.is some difference between 2L EFI ang GTI engine??My GTI is more stronger than EFI ,but in log-book is same power??

Exactly the same. The EFI engines are all the same aside from a few ancillary differences.

There are differences in the ECU's too but as far as I know they all made the same power (apart from the addition of the cat on some models).
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

were the gear ratios the same?
      Regards
      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

the gtis had the same gearbox as the mg 2.0i so they had closer ratios which make them feel more lively

Comment

So basically, an MG Montego without the badges. Glad the Maestro wasn't GTid. That would have made it look so self-apologetic! (for being an MG).

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

International markets might be different. Here in Germany we had an Austin Montego HLi estate 1985/1986 featuring the same running gear as the MG model. After the 1.6l model left the German market (1990 I think), there have been GTi labeled Montegos (all estates, no saloons) that featured a close ratio gearbox, but MEMS engine management and a cat running open loop. Interior and equipment was like an MG saloon in the UK, but featuring wood veneer on the doors. Some time later the GTi switched back to EFi engine management and a lambda controlled cat. 1992 - when the car was relabeled Rover GTI - the interior was changed to Countryman style, but with wooden trim and 15" cross-spokes and close ratio gearbox...
            Might still be different for other export markets.

Regards,

Alexander
            http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

There is barely any performance differences between GTI and MG - certainly nothing noticeable.
              Must be down to the OPs individual cars and not in general
              Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

Working...
              X