Natty little fog light fits Monty grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natty little fog light fits Monty grille

Was fitting some REALLY NEAT slimline fog lights to mate's car this evening and we found that they actually fit inside the gap in a Monty grille (ok, legally might be high, but out of sight, and they are nice and really bright 55w halogens.

He got them as old new stock as he's in the trade so I'm thinking of seeing if I can fit a pair. Complete with angle brackets, screws etc (not shown in pics). Am I mad?
    Heres couple pics me holding it in position - had to break a grille stiffener but they are all cracked anyway.

Snug fit in grille gap (1 fog either end of grille)

from behind grille

What make are they
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

I never thought about that! He just brought them out in a small polystyrene box. No name on the lens, just usual E markings etc.
      I have just rung him and he said the info is on the Stadium website.

Stadium? Think I've heard of them before, car mirrors? but when I went on the site

http://www.stadiumcp.co.uk/

another known name came up ...Sparkrite!
      I thought this has got to be wrong, they make car alarms. But... click Sparkrite FAQ in the left box and scroll down you come to
      SRFL001 Fog Lamps (that's them!) with complete details about them and wiring etc.

Comment

My first car (mentioning no models...!) had a Sparkrite stereo in it, with a pair of Sparkrite speakers - I think they were standard equipment, as the brochure for the said car has a few Sparkrite stereos in it -and I also had a Sparkrite battery charger, bought from Motorworld about 5 or 6 years ago. I guess they have their finger in quite a few automotive accessory pies?

Comment

Sparkrite made an elctronic ignition system which i used in my dolomite in the 80s
          Sure & steadfast.
          BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
          1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Probably nowadays sadly, buying in from china and sticking their name on many products is more like it!

Comment

Originally posted by oseerees View Post
              (ok, legally might be high)
              Surely no different to the Motobuild Maestro grille with Hella lights, or a million and one Mini drivers who think they're Paddy Hopkirk.
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

IIRC they are driving lights not fog lights and they can be fitted pretty much anywhere so long as they extinguish when the lights are dipped.

I daren't post a photo of the ones in my grill
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I thought this could be useful info to someone here...

I have just got hold of some of these NOS for just £3 + p&p on fleabay. I can confirm the box says Sparkrite Fog Lights. The lens has the characteristic vertical fluted prisms. The listing didn't mention Sparkrite but it was on the box in the photo. The only problem I can see with them is a white clouding inside that came off easily with a piece of damp kitchen roll. When I googled them they came up as a good fit to Mazda Bongos on their forum. They are about 5 by 1 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches deep. Some auxiliary lights come with electrics, but these are lamps, bulbs, bracket and fixings only.

The seller had five. Three are sold. So the others may be re-listed. Ebay user ID is comeonbid and they did very reasonable combined p&p.
                  Last edited by PhilBill; 15th March 2012, 03:18.

Comment

Currently doesnt have any for "up for sale",but that's not to say he has the other sets...

here's the picture of the last set.....

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
                      Sparkrite made an elctronic ignition system which i used in my dolomite in the 80s
                      And car alarms.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-1-FRONT-...item19d6b4c7d8

These look the same even down to the polystyrene box but cost a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                        X