early 2.0 mg montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early 2.0 mg montego

Does anyone remember the early rover 800 with the 2.0 single ohc engine. The ecu pluged straight in to the montego giving more power. I remember my old service manager had one cable tied to the standard one, so he could have power or economy.

i have always wanted one of those Rover 800s, they were just called 820. available in manual or auto. not fast but they are different

Comment

My friend told me that he put a MG montego turbo engine in a 8v 820 in the late eighties/early ninties . The 820 was his curent car he was working for a recovery firm and a Montego tubo came in well burnt out on the inside but no damage to the engine bay. The car that got burnt out was only months old at the time the firm he was working for at the time were told to dispose of it so he removed the engine and gearbox and fitted it to his 820 he recond rthe engine was still as new. The car went like stink after he did it but he got carried away turning the boost up and blew it up.

Comment

that what i have thought about doing, using an o series turbo to make a 827 vitesse alturnative.

Comment

Working...
        X