Lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering

Does anyone know where i might be able to get lowering springs from might be interested if can perswade parents lol as they not liking the fact of 2 modified cars lol

Ideally you need both the springs and shocks. They pop up on ebay now and again. Don't go any lower than -2" for road use.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

are mg maestro ones the same?

Comment

The springs are the same size I think, but I'm told MG shocks have different pan-heights to those on Austins to give a sportier ride.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Try Moto-build. Still list M stuff including springs and shocks. Shocks seem dear though, Probably KYBs, which can be found dirt cheap elsewhere!

http://www.moto-build.com/
          sigpic
          63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
          'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
          '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
          '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
          'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
          '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
          'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

got these on mine,well the rears done just gotta do the fronts when i got a spare hour

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGON-GOL...item2306ae551d

Comment

ahhh right didnt know golf springs fitted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spax-suspensio...item3a5a276d99

there the ones i was looking at

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy.01 View Post
                got these on mine,well the rears done just gotta do the fronts when i got a spare hour

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGON-GOL...item2306ae551d
                These look a bargain! Are you sure they fit ok without any mods? As you've not yet fitted the fronts, can you let us know how you get on How much do they lower the Ms by?
                sigpic

Comment

from what i've read on here or triple m all that needs to be changed to fit golf springs to a maestro are the front top spring cups

if your fitting golf shocks the rear's slot straight in but the fronts are a different at the hub fixing the maetro hubs are fatter at the bolt holes than a golf

i have no doubt the fronts will fit straigh on without any modding

the springs are all the same lengh but marked front and rear

you get the alloy adjuster that fit on the bottom of the standard shock,slot the spring over then a nice poly top for the spring to fit into a standard top cup

nob is very low,i cant get my finger between the wheel and wheel arch,it can still go about 10mm lower but i have silly amounts of speed bumps around here and the exhaust grounds out to much as it is

for the money they are a bargain and they took less than 2 days to deliver

Comment

my old derv looks like its on stilts but the ride is very firm and handles very well surprisingly.....it would look better to sit 2" lower but hey iam broke and i aint bothered - ride so hard my 15" 55's blew on a cats eye round a bend front o/s tyre on a new tyre!! wtf? so i ve put the 14" alloys back with 60's / 65's?
                    still firm but comfortable
                    2" lowered / sports suspension i bet she handles like on rails eh?
                    Last edited by guussi; 28th April 2010, 00:08. Reason: 9ujlkmmkjihug
                    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Just bought a set. For that price how could I not! Thanks Fatboy!
                      sigpic

Comment

This seems a great buy and something I was not aware of. Shame I didn't know about these earlier. I have 2" lowered springs and similarly to fatboy my downpipe and the front sump to crossmember mount have taken a few knocks. Good job the downpipe is double skinned! I could do with tweaking the ride height and these may well be on the cards.

Comment

no lowered for moi

having already had my oil sump smashed by my engine rebuilders or myself during transit iam never going to entertain lowering the old gal !! she'll probably prefer the old hip replacement before her shocked knees give way
                          0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

ive bin warned by my parents am not allowed to lower it now, really want to

The reason im not allowed because my other car is extremely low

i mean that low lol

Comment

Yikes! How do you get on with the current state of the roads, not to mention speed bumps?

It must be really uncomfortable. Does your spine do the work the springs and shocks used to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X