mgf big brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgf big brakes

how hard is it to fit the 4 pot calipers from the mgf to a monty?

You need to have 16 inch or bigger wheels to fit the calipers.

Otherwise not too hard but you'll need the discs turned down to fit too.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

From what I understand it is only the mg tf 160 alloys that will fit the 4 pots under, so it is more a point of getting both the wheels and the calipers. There are other 16" mg alloys but I don't think the calipers fit under them.

Comment

From what I understand it is only the mg tf 160 alloys that will fit the 4 pots under, so it is more a point of getting both the wheels and the calipers. There are other 16" mg alloys but I don't think the calipers fit under them.

Comment

We have a brand new set of 16" MGF Trophy alloys in stock that these calipers will fit under. This set of wheels is £450.
          MG ZR, anthracite - sold & gone
          MG Maestro 1600 1.8 S-series track car - will be made road legal for track days
          Montego Turbo - in need of welding to osr arch
          Maestro 1600 VDP - daily drive

Comment

You can fit upto 295mm under some 15" wheels if you use either a Wilwood, Compbrake caliper or convert the MGF calipers to radial mount

Comment

i have the 16" 11 spokes ready to go. what i really wanted to know was would i have to custom make any parts such as carriers or will the calipers just bolt on?

Comment

From memory modify the hub bolt spacing, shave a bit off the caliper to miss the hub and turn the discs down to 295, add new custom flexible lines

Comment

Working...
                X