Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for M16 Maestro ?

Hi Guys
    Sorry haven't been on the site for a long time - have been so busy on the restoration on MEL. But this had to stop for a while to work on the other MG.

This has an M16 fitted. Whilst doing all the welding work, I thought I'd check out the fitted exhaust. 2" twins under the engine, cut-and-shut to single 2" over the cross member, then a flexible to a push fit and clamp for the intermediate section. Here I am a bit puzzled.

The size goes down to 1.75" thereafter, at the joint between the intermediate and rear there is an inner sleeve, the I/D drops to 1.5" at this point.

Now according to our dear friend Roger Parker, the best exhaust for M16 is 2" with 2 equally sized straight through boxes, and no fancy tailpipes etc.

Question - is the MG turbo exhaust 2" bore ? Or even the Maestro Diesel ?

If either of these are 2", might they fit Roger's recommendation ?

And can these still be bought ? !

Many thanks

Maestro/Montego dieseland petrol turbo use the same mid section which is 2 inch. Then get a diesel backbox too (also 2 inch I think), and bobs your mothers brother.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks E T V, I'll get onto the local factors and see what they quote.

Be interesting to see if the larger bore rear systems make a noticeable power difference.

Got to get all the welding etc finished first !

Comment

Rimmers had these at a good price a while ago, for a montego I think which are identical part from having to cut the tailpipe down a bit!

Comment

Working...
        X