Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maestro/montego turbo oil feed thread size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestro/montego turbo oil feed thread size?

Hi - does anyone know what the thread/type sizes for both oil pump outlet and turbo side oil feed line connectors are? - also oil pipe inside diameter?

I plan to use an in-line oil filter for turbo.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Adding an oil filter to the turbo will reduce its flow. Usually not a good thing.

Sorry no idea on the threads though. Need to borrow a set of thread gauges I think.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
      Adding an oil filter to the turbo will reduce its flow. Usually not a good thing.
      I don't know if this is the case - but other turbo performance enthusiast's seam to swear on them. Picture this - you've spent a grand or two on a roller bearing top of the range turbo. Your 100 micron oil filter (as fitted to most cars) cant filter all impurities resulting in a blown turbo. Typically in-line oil filters are 30 microns but like I say I don't know if it reduces flow?

I will look into that - thanks for the reply.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Roller turbos are far more fussy in oil quality than normal sleeve bearing turbos so I can kind of see where they are coming from. Roller turbos also need less oil flow from memory so they can probably tolerate the loss in flow with the extra filter (infact you usually have to fit a restrictor I seem to recall).
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
        X