Sumpguards: any news, Hen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumpguards: any news, Hen?

Hen, your email bounces back, would you mind calling or emailing me please, as nothing has arrived.
    thanks...

Oh dear

Comment

here we go again...
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Young View Post
        Hen, your email bounces back, would you mind calling or emailing me please, as nothing has arrived.
        thanks...
        Phone him I think this is his Number 07749 610286
        *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
        Follow me at
        FourNineSix

Comment

Thanks a lot for that - useful, Hen is going on to Parcel Force to see what has happened to them on Monday, will report back.

The car is a 1986, is this the later wheel-bearing? Head is being totally stripped and fitted with unleaded valve seats, anyone got any NEW 1.6 S-series valve springs or valves for sale? ta

Comment

The valves and springs from the existing engine should be in pretty much perfect condition. I'd not worry about re-using them. My dads old S series got to 200 and 240k miles respectively (with dubious maintenance).
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

86 was the changeover year I believe. I think it'll be the early type of 1 piece bearing rather than the early 2 piece one and the later 1 piece one.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

It seems Hen has been upto his old tricks again on the Mgm site a guy is trying to get together as many people as he can that have been ripped off by Hen (Henry Sharpe) and get the police on side to deal with him it appears hes done it to alot more people than we first thought

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
                  here we go again...
                  Who is the seller?

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                    Who is the seller?
                    Originally posted by daveyboy View Post
                    It seems Hen has been upto his old tricks again on the Mgm site a guy is trying to get together as many people as he can that have been ripped off by Hen (Henry Sharpe) and get the police on side to deal with him it appears hes done it to alot more people than we first thought

Comment

Ive had an email from Hen saying he has been let down by his sumpguard maker, but will call me on Thursday with an update. Ive told him the steel version I asked to be made as well as mine ought to be cancelled, as Im sure Danny Roper would have left for his trip by now - I was donating that to his good-cause, so, if they are not made, there is money in the pot to spare, perhaps the idea of a sump guard being made for 75 quid was just a bit too cheap which is why nothing has happened. Anyway, if nothing can be sorted we will get one made - its certainly going to need one. And if they have not been made, well Hen can return the £150, which will impress everyone Im sure, as the best alternative to not being able to get the job done and delivered. I wouldnt like the criticism flying around Hen is now getting and its possible that this is just circumstances beyond his control, so lets see what happens on Thursday.

Comment

is there a drawing for the sumpguard? have you tried comparison quotes from metal fabricators?
                        CURRENT FLEET:
                        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Young View Post
                          Ive had an email from Hen saying he has been let down by his sumpguard maker, but will call me on Thursday with an update. Ive told him the steel version I asked to be made as well as mine ought to be cancelled, as Im sure Danny Roper would have left for his trip by now - I was donating that to his good-cause, so, if they are not made, there is money in the pot to spare, perhaps the idea of a sump guard being made for 75 quid was just a bit too cheap which is why nothing has happened. Anyway, if nothing can be sorted we will get one made - its certainly going to need one. And if they have not been made, well Hen can return the £150, which will impress everyone Im sure, as the best alternative to not being able to get the job done and delivered. I wouldnt like the criticism flying around Hen is now getting and its possible that this is just circumstances beyond his control, so lets see what happens on Thursday.
                          I will happily my current donation to Mr Roper if you ever see your money again. I'm not holding my breath

Comment

I wouldnt hold my breath either the blokes not kept his word and the list gets longer and longer good luck and if you do get your £150 back your the first person ever to do so, lets hope your faith in Hen is right for your sake

Comment

Lets see him prove us all wrong, I heard every story in the book, that is a mild one, they get much worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X