EFI to Turbo Cylinder Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI to Turbo Cylinder Head?

I want to run a brand new efi head on my turbo engine - obviously with sodium exhaust valves and steel cam buckets. Is there anything I have missed to convert this efi head to turbo? Camshaft should be the same as turbo one - but I can't think of anything else that may be different?

Any pointers would be gratefully received thank you.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Valve guides?

pretty sure there different.

Although Im sure Dan or some one will correct me.

Comment

Extra stud on the manifold I think.

I think the valve guides are the same but as you have already mentioned the sodium filled exhaust valves will swap over hopefully.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks chaps - very interesting. I can't see the extra stud hole comparing the two cylinder heads I have - black one turbo/other thought to be efi? Or both could be efi? That would be disastrous if that were the case as the black head came of a gold-seal turbo engine and definitely shouldn't be efi?

Comment

turbo head has bigger exhurst Valve guides-exhurst Valve seats-exhurst valves...two studs holes more but thats it....i have looked in to it already some time ago...

Comment

Are both these heads I have pictured efi or turbo then?

Comment

surely the compression ratio on a turbo engine is lower, it would blow up otherwise.
              Non turbo head must presumably therefore have a higher compression ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Young View Post
                surely the compression ratio on a turbo engine is lower, it would blow up otherwise.
                Non turbo head must presumably therefore have a higher compression ratio?
                Efi/turbo heads are flat to the block and don't dictate a higher compression ratio from the other. The lower cr in a forced induction set up in the O-series engine is achieved with pistons.

Comment

Working...
                X