which engine to put in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which engine to put in

i want to put my maestro back on the road but which engine to use? (as i have a few) do i (A) put in the o serise which has moto build ecu and a few other bits (B) m series 16v (roger parker conversion) which is standard i think or (C) t series half fitted but did have a miss fire when removed from the tom cat uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm what to do with least hassel

O series is the easiest to fit, M&T are the same work but the T has more potential.
    O is a very reliable if thirsty engine compared with the T
    M&T are more refined than the O

See if you can drive both a 16v and an 8v and make up your own mind

Comment

The Roger Parker conversions were rare. Keep it as an M for the curiosity value.
      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Agreed...M16 Roger Parker.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Yep that is what i was thinking too do you know if they were standard?

Comment

Is the motobuild ecu for the turbo or efi??? and if so is it for sale!!

Comment

The ecu is on the efi engine not sure about for sale

Comment

Ah,thats ok,i need it it for the turbo ,anyway.....as for your conversion,i go with the majority.....the roger parker lump....

Good luck with it!!

Comment

Did you not get any history with the M series? I'd guess it was unlikely to be modified as it had a standard air box, I'm guessing standard ecu too. The M series nasp is a very tuneable engine though. I remember reading a thread on rovertech about a guy tuning them in some sort of kit car or something. 300bhp was mentioned. Aftermarket ecu and a few other mods. I can try to dig it out a link if you are interested. It is a nasp right?

I think I'm right in saying you can run a M series nasp on the efi ecu so an m seires conversion is pretty simple to do! Just an engine swap.

Comment

Yes got quite a lot of history but not a lot about the engine its self would be interested in the details about tunning the engine does it run on the stadard efi ecu??

Comment

Standard ignition and fuel ECUs can be used but it is recommended to use the M16 ECU's. The ignition unit is a straight swap but the fuel ECU has more pins and needs a bit more wiring, but will be better for fuel economy and to achieve the correct mixture. There used to be quite a lot of info on these swaps on the net.

Comment

Got the m16 running like a dream after curing the fuel leak and miss fire i am now happy to do the swap in a few weeks time Simon the car i have has alresdy been converted so will be a straight swap into the other shell so i should be straight forward

Comment

Cool...was that the silver grey one?

Comment

yep thats the one

Comment

From memory there was aftermarket management and mapping to give big gains as it is a very sturdy bottom end with a fair flowing head. I'll have a look tomorrow, or later today
                              Originally posted by carlos fandango View Post
                              Yes got quite a lot of history but not a lot about the engine its self would be interested in the details about tunning the engine does it run on the stadard efi ecu??

Comment

Working...
                              X