turbo gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo gearbox

currently building full running gear for the maestro , got new o series engine and gradualy getting new bits here n there

im onto gearbox now , was thinking a 220turbo box , pg1 with the flywheel

can any1 discuss any issues with fitting , also pros n cons over standard turbo box

also seen this - just typed in pg1 - think its no good but dont like to miss a 1% opportunity

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-25-4...item3ccbefbb18

That is a 0% opportunity. The seller is a monkey who thinks silver paint is his way to over pricing everything by 200% a diesel turbo gearbox is worth around 60-80 in good condition.

It all depends on your power goal and how hard you drive the car. I'd ideally go for a type b diff, built into a later u spec box with steel caged bearings, and obivously fitted with the right speedo drive for the monty/maestro dash.

A good solution is a gold label k7 box which came with steel caged bearings form the factory. One of these with a type b diff is what I have fitted to my maestro.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGreen View Post
      currently building full running gear for the maestro , got new o series engine and gradualy getting new bits here n there

im onto gearbox now , was thinking a 220turbo box , pg1 with the flywheel

can any1 discuss any issues with fitting , also pros n cons over standard turbo box

also seen this - just typed in pg1 - think its no good but dont like to miss a 1% opportunity

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-25-4...item3ccbefbb18

220 turbo gearbox will have the same ratios as yours and be upgraded internally a little. However the higher spec "U" spec gearbox is the highest spec available. To be honest though you may as well keep your gearbox as they rarely fail. You could even rebuild it if you felt the need.

The 220 gets a bigger clutch than the maestro though which is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. Either redrill your flywheel to suit or get a 2 gap flywheel from a 220.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
        A good solution is a gold label k7 box which came with steel caged bearings form the factory. .........
        I have a spare gold label K7 box should you want something good and cheap.
        midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

fitting a diesel gearbox will give more quiet driving at 70 revs at only 2700 @ a gps confirmed 70MPH. I fitted a s6dtu gearbox to my maestro turbo when i had it. You will have to adjust the speedo to get it to read correctly though.

Comment

Working...
          X