Potential manual adjust clutch cable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential manual adjust clutch cable.

If there is one pet hate with our cars for me it would be the auto adjust clutch cable. I have sent a quick email to a cable making company to go about making a manual adjustment cable to stop my troubles. If anyone is interested it will obviously make the price per item better. I'm guessing the price breaks will come at +10 units so anything around there will be good.

Anyone else interested?

I'm up for 2 cables.

Will they do accelerator cables for the perkins as these are no longer found new.

Comment

I can ask. I have a spare so I cah send that in too if you like?

Comment

As always price dependant I'm in

Comment

Ok Bob, I'll keep a note of that. Thinking there will be some t16 people who will be keen too, not sure how close the 220 clutch cable is to the montego one but no doubt a joint order will save pennies regardless of how many different products are ordered.

Comment

The only pic I could find on ebay, seems they are v close. Can anyone confirm they have the same end onto the clutch pedal?

Comment

[QUOTE=countrydude;
              Anyone else interested?[/QUOTE]

There is the VW-box type cable and the PG1 type and off course RHD/LHD length.

Comment

The plastic end piece that connects the clutch cable to the clutch pedal hook can fail from my own experiences. Would be a good idea to uprate that also? Put me down for one anyway dude - thanks...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

I'll ask for the cable itself to be uprated by around 30-40% and yes as you say I've had the plastic end start to be eaten away too. No problem Mike, I'll be sending a spare cable away on monday, and a derv throttle cable.

Comment

put me down for one. cheers
                    MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

Comment

This has been postponed slightly as I'm waiting on a 220 cable to arrive, best to send everything in one go. I'll have a go at fitting the 220 to my maestro too to see if we could just have one cable made. I might need some pics of an efi and turbo gearbox mount so I can see how the clutch cable fits into it?
                      Last edited by countrydude; 1st April 2013, 22:52.

Comment

Hi,

It can't be that difficult to make because before the Montego arrived both Maestro variants had manually adjusted clutch cables. What about trying to find out the Unipart clutch cable manufacturer they could still have the tooling?

Comment

that is some good info I did't know that. I'll try to have a dig about. Not sure where I'd start though tbh.

Comment

Quinton Hazell ?
                            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

quick question on self adjusting clutch cables.

Before i put my maestro off the road last year i felt the clutch pedal was further away from normal, and had less travel on it, is this a result of the self adjusting cable? is the clutch on its way out? or is the cable just too far stretched?

THanks

Comment

Working...
                              X