mg zr t series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mg zr t series

hi I have a few issues firstly I have had a manifiold made by AA auto sport however all my head threads are chewed, does any one know of any time serts that are any good and will do the job? also iv got a walbro 255 fuel pump however when swapining the pump over from "the basket" the new one seems to have a larger pick up so it dosnt fit in the hole, do i need to cut this out so it sits through? does it have to be water tite in the basket also the line out dosnt fit in its original pipe it sits just short do I have to join this with the rubber pipe provided? it then that diverts into a metal pipe, im guessing I could join this with the 4" of rubber pipe I cout and use jubiles!! dows anyone know if the pump ever gets petrol around the connections? and if this is ok? much help would be very apprichiated, sorry for the bad English and hope you follow what im saying, look forward to your replies much love matt

This probably isn't the forum to ask to be honest as there are few on here with T16 experience and fewer still with R8 or R3 experience.

Head needs helicoiling to sort the threads out in the head. Also fit studs and nuts not bolts in future.

Not sure on the fuel pump, the OE 220 turbo pump is good enough for the standard internals.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

thanks for the replie ETV thought it was a bit of a long shot on here, not douting anyone I have m series rods and o series pistons also a few other goodies so wanting to pus a few more shire hourses out of her!

Comment

I would have thought your best source of information would be the 'Rovertech' forum. (www.rovertech.net)
        1983 (Y) MG 1600
        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
        1990 Clubman D
        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

thanks very much digital

Comment