rover l series diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rover l series diesel

Hi I am going to be putting the engine from a 1997 400 diesel in to my van The rover is a intercooled one with a flyby wire throttle.
    The question I have if I put a live to the stop selonoid on the pump will it run or dose the immobliser do more also will a mechanical pump fit in place to make life easyer
    Thank you Peter

Speak to Dan Pyke

Comment

I've got a modified cam belt mount ready to bolt up if you want it? Pm me

Comment

Hi Oli who is Dan Pyke and how would I get in touch with him

Hi Countrydude pm sent

Thanks for the replies Peter

Comment

ETV, he will be along in a bit I'm sure

Comment

Thanks peter

Comment

On queue....

This is mine
              http://roverdiesel.co.uk/forums/view...php?f=16&t=206

Which version of donor L series do you have? (200/400/600, or Freelander, or 25/45/zr/zs?) As there are effectively 3 variants!
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by peter blaylock View Post
                Hi I am going to be putting the engine from a 1997 400 diesel in to my van The rover is a intercooled one with a flyby wire throttle.
                The question I have if I put a live to the stop selonoid on the pump will it run or dose the immobliser do more also will a mechanical pump fit in place to make life easyer
                Thank you Peter

The ECU is coded to the immobiliser. This means without the immobiliser as standard the engine will not run. The ECU controls the injection timing, the fuel quantity injected and of course there is a stop solenoid on the VP37pump versions too.

The mechanical pump version (non intercooled 200/400) also uses the ECU to control the injection timing and the stop solenoid. It'll run without the ECU but it won't run particularly well (as the timing will be static).

There is a fair bit of info on my site (www.roverdiesel.co.uk) so take a look around. My van is pretty much finished in the engine department, just all the rest that needs finishing!

Comment

Its a 400 intercooled engine I have been running the car for about 3 years and it pulls like a train, shame the car has fallen apart round the engine
                  is there any way to buypass the immobliser or will I have to keep it I was hopeing not to as the van has an alarm with remote locking and 2 fobs would be a pain but if needs must.
                  I am a mechanic and not scared of wireing which will help
                  I could not find any info on buy passing the immobliser
                  Peter
                  Last edited by peter blaylock; 23rd January 2014, 00:11.

Comment

Simple answer for bypassing the immobiliser it to send the ECU to best of British who can permanently disable it if you ask them nicely and grease their palms with silver.

I kept it on my conversion to add another level of security!

Comment

thanks for that will get in touch with them and see what they say
                      Peter

Comment

Things have been going well on the conversion the engine is in and the wiring is sorted, I kept the rover immobliser in the end and it runs
                        The question at the minuet is dose the engine need to sit square in the engine bay?
                        as it is sitting slightly back at the drivers side and can not go further forward for the steering pump and cross member
                        Thanks Peter

Comment

I'm guessing the donor didn't have aircon?

There are a couple of options to sort it.
                          1. Cut a section out of the crossmember to clear the pump.
                          2. Fit the aircon components and then ditch the aircon compressor and fit a smaller idler pulley there instead (as done on the late non aircon models).

Comment

yes the rover did not have aircon
                            I knew it did not look right the way it is sitting
                            that's made my mind up as I was thinking of modifying the crossmember anyway to use the rover radiator as it is quite new and there will be less pipe work to sort out
                            Thanks Peter

Comment

You can see the aircon setup is different

It still fouls the crossmember but I ditched the aircon compressor and installed a smaller idler pulley instead to give the necessary clearance without cutting the crossmember.

Sorry no photos of this but the late models used a purpose made idler

Comment

Working...
                              X