Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boarding out van

Hi,
    Has anyone boarded out the back of their van with plywood and if so any tips please would be good?
    Cheers, GSDGuy

I have recently boarded out the back of mine,be it right or wrong i started with The floor, I used Laminate.
    Then the nearside. i decided to keep it as one piece.
    I used Pieces of cardboard and a tape measure to work out all the angles.

I then used the nearside as a template for the offside and again i used the tape to measure where to cut out for the Filler neck.

I fitted small batons at the bottom to keep the board slightly off the side of the van and fixed it with self tapper screws at the top. i was planning on siliconeing the bottom but so far it is fine how it is.

Mine didnt have a bulk head so i then fitted one.

I then went a little mad and boxed in the wheel arches and fitted a removable top section to the bulk head.

i will post some pictures if you would like me to tommorow

Comment

I'd be interested to see the pictures Rob.

Comment

You can find a few photo's here http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=508 hope you like them and if you would like me to take any more let me know.

Comment

That looks absolutely brilliant Rob, think i may do the same to mine!
          Presumably makes the cabin hold in the heat better in cold weather too

Comment

Yes holds the heat in nicely. Also with the removable top piece you can still fit in long pieces. We boarded my brothers in a similar way but he had the metal bulk head and rather than a solid board on top he used a piece of see-through acrylic.

Comment

Working...
            X