The Gooon rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gooon rebuild

Well I've made a start on the car. Gave it a wash today and layed the radiator in to see how well it fits. Block has had the re-bore and skimmed. Block is still at the machine shop just now but I will pick not up next week when I drop off my new rods to be modified.

Thansit van radiator in place

T34 hybrid

New seats

Comment

Hi Benjamin - what engine is going in - T16 - O series?

The gooons looking well - nice to see her again?

cheers

mike...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
        Hi Benjamin - what engine is going in - T16 - O series?

The gooons looking well - nice to see her again?

cheers

mike...
        It's going to be getting a T16 again and the management will be an EMS EM-70 ecu. Not decided on the final spec yet since I'm just buying bit as and when I can afford them but i have got forged Pistons and rods for starters. So long as the adapter fits I will be running an external waist-gate for the turbo.

Comment

Looking well...!
          *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
          Follow me at
          FourNineSix

Comment

My new rods arrived Monday. They were press fit pins so I have had them modified to take floating pins. Picked everything up from the machine shop today. I'm planning to fit an alloy flywheel with race clutch to get the rotating inertia down so once I get them I'll get the rotating components ballanced. Once done I'll be getting the engine built up.
            I'm also just starting to look into fitting an internal slave cylinder for the clutch instead of having to use a lever.

Comment

Wow - your so lucky having all those T16 parts available off the shelf.

Work of art those cons - not cheap either. Looking forward to see gooon fire up once again.

Cheers

mike...

Comment

You can use the external slave setup from the 620ti or 620Di which would be a simple bolt on/off swap.
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                  You can use the external slave setup from the 620ti or 620Di which would be a simple bolt on/off swap.
                  That's the setup I currently have but want to change to an internal slave if I can.

The rods were on a clearence sale direct from Pauter in America so I managed to get them dirt cheap! For the price of getting the rods, getting them to the uk and getter mg them modified for floating bearings, it came to about half what it would have been to buy a set from the uk to begine with!

Comment

Hi Benjamin - nothing like a good bargain. Is it crankshaft next?

cheers

mike...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                      Hi Benjamin - nothing like a good bargain. Is it crankshaft next?

cheers

mike...
                      My crankshaft is ok to reuse and as they are ok for about 500bhp I'm just going to get it ballanced.
                      Next thing to buy is going to be the clutch and flywheel. So far it looks like I'm going to be getting an alloy flywheel with a 7 1/4" twin plate race clutch with alloy pressure plate. Clutch I'm looking at is rated for 400lb/ft of torque so should be ok for my needs.

Comment

If you are getting a twinplate clutch then the external slave is going to be fine (twinplate clutches need much less pressure than single plate ones).

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
                          My crankshaft is ok to reuse and as they are ok for about 500bhp I'm just going to get it ballanced.
                          Next thing to buy is going to be the clutch and flywheel. So far it looks like I'm going to be getting an alloy flywheel with a 7 1/4" twin plate race clutch with alloy pressure plate. Clutch I'm looking at is rated for 400lb/ft of torque so should be ok for my needs.
                          Is that crank the same as the O-series one?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

That's amazing So generally what can a turbo O-series bottom end handle. I thought is was believed to be 350?

Comment

Working...
                              X