1.3 Maestro winter fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 Maestro winter fixes

After a weekend spent removing a 1990s alarm and some strange reversing sensors and making good the loom, the time arrived to tackle the job we'd been putting off: the wheel arches.

The fronts weren't too bad, but it was cheaper to get one new wing (randomly from Amazon) and one good second hand one fitted than spend hours doing metal work. One of the rears looked like it was going to be expensive and I bought a repair panel, which even though it was for a plastic bumper model would have been a start. With Christmas coming-up I was a little apprehensive when I went to have a look at progress.

For once the bad news was not too bad and the good news was great. It needed a new front valence panel; I knew the old one had been bodged-up when I removed the bumper, but I found one on eBay that same morning new old stock. The good news: the arches were OK and I didn't need repair panels.

The stripes are coming, but the front bumper doesn't fit properly now the car is straight. There's always something.

Comment

Working...
    X