• Show
Clear All

• what to do to a maestro van

what could i do to my van as it needs moddifin as looks dul and borin

T16 Turbo engine

Comment

Leave it be.

Comment

You can't fit the same alloys as the hatchbacks because the PCD is different. I believe the vans are compatible with some Vauxhall and VW alloys.

You can't change the front bumper without changing the wings and maybe the front panel. Lowering isn't easy either as the rear is leaf sprung (although there's a guide on this website I believe).

Comment

Lots you can do to a van
          Various different engines possibilitys, 1.3 A series, 1.6 S series, 2.0 O series carb/EFI/Turbo, T series NASP/Turbo, K series, Perkins Prima or L series diesels.
          Mods, well pretty much the usual stuff really
          Lowering, Alloy wheels, plastic bumpers, turbo bumpers, EVO bumpers.

The question really is what do you want to do to it?, what physically are YOU able to do to it? and what can you afford to do to it?
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Rear Window tints.. and a boot full of Subs and 6x9s
            Make up yourself a little mdf casing.

Comment

I'd fit car headlights because I don't like the van ones. Keep the alloys in the family and fit some Rover 600 or 800 rims.

Comment

Do they fit Matt? If so, I want some

Comment

600 Ti ones certainly do with some spacers and a little rubbing (a mate has them on his van). 800 sterling ones aren't really suitable (I tried fitting them to my van - there is a thread somewhere on here with pics).
                  www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                  www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                  www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

600 and 800 wheels have the same PCD as the van - but they don't fit the hatchback.
                    Last edited by matthewsemple; 27th January 2007, 23:39.

Comment

Now I know what WILL turn heads: Restore it and leave it standard. Any unmolested van is an interesting talking point.

If you can't stand that then the above advice is good. Lowering blocks can be fitted to rear leaf springs.

"If this van's rockin' then don't come knockin'"
                      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I agree with Simon, but you could go better! Buy a yellow ex BT one, get it into good condition and do it out in the the original Telecom lettering. Same thing could be done for British Gas, the AA, Lucas etc!

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich
                          I agree with Simon, but you could go better! Buy a yellow ex BT one, get it into good condition and do it out in the the original Telecom lettering. Same thing could be done for British Gas, the AA, Lucas etc!

Rich

For example: Clicky

In fact, Maestro vans seem to have quite different values to the cars. Examples needing work make very little money (often <£50), whereas fully running good examples often go for £500, with up to 10 different bidders. So as long as it doesn't need too much work, it seems a good profit.
                          Last edited by MCi Automotive; 10th February 2007, 00:17.

Comment

Leave it as origanal as poss.:laugh:
                            Sure & steadfast.
                            BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
                            1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
                            1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
                            X