window wireing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window wireing

I need a w/diagram for a 4 door window lift.Its not in the manuals and id like to upgrade montys manual windows.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Are you mk1 (switches in the door), mk2 (switches under the radio) or mk3(switches in the centre consol)?

The best way to do it is to find a monty with rear electrics and swap the components over, a lot of the wiring is in the main loom on some maestros, others have none.

And of course, you will find the wiring info/diagrams in the monty manuals.

Comment

Switches are not in place yet as i havent decided where to put them problebly inthe center console between the f/seats.I have to work out how the black box connects up and the manuals dont have that diagram.
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

The Haynes 2.0 litre Montego manual has the diagrams of all 3 installations of elec.windows all round. What reg/year is your Montego and what model/cc is it?
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

My estate is a 1988 1600L .Ihave the components ect but the 4 door window black box has two multi plugs and i need to trace what wire goes where.:laugh:
          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

I think the 88 will be a mk2 (sliding heater controls), if so the wiring will be in the loom, there will be the second plug behind the current 2 window control box and the power cables for the rear doors will plug in at the bottom of the B piller, not sure where the rear switches mount but the plugs should be there as well.

Comment

Do you like lots of work....

Ideally you will need to remove the dash and attack the fusebox and some of the main branch of loom behind the dash/heater in order to plumb in the second multi connector's wiring. There is a space for the rear windows in the Mk 2 fusebox. Do not forget that you will also need to tap into the red/orange lighting circuit to provide switch illumination for the rear switches. This is a massive job and is not to be taken on unless you fully understand the intricacies of the wiring. I've done this job on my 1988Maestro 1.6 so I can guide you specifically if you want. I had the dash out and quite a lot of car interior dismantled when I did mine. Only by wiring it in properly will you get a reliable and safe result. This is not a plug n play mod as such. Your rear door cards will also require modification which is quite easy.

It took me one and a half days to complete excluding removing the wiring from a Montego Mayfair, which was another 3 hours concentrated work in the scrapyard.

Comment

TLC - can you confirm what car you are fitting the windows to, reading your messeges it appears to be a 1988 1.6L Montego estate, is that correct?

Comment

Yes its a 1988 1600L Estate with manual windows.I have allthe parts but need to work out the wireing before i put the bit in the car.
                  Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Oh iam not haveing rear switches as the only liveing things in the back will be the five dogs with the seats down:laugh:
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingcars
                      I think the 88 will be a mk2 (sliding heater controls), if so the wiring will be in the loom, there will be the second plug behind the current 2 window control box and the power cables for the rear doors will plug in at the bottom of the B piller, not sure where the rear switches mount but the plugs should be there as well.
                      iam putting in a custom made wireing harness ;as i did with the wing mirrors.The wires that go into/out of the black box is what i need to know what connects to what so If the w/diagram is in the manual for the 2.0 models that will do.
                      Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Seems like hard work to put custom wiring in if it is already in the loom, my 89 Maestro 1.6L had wiring for front windows (never looked for rear), mirrors and central locking in the main loom.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingcars
                          Seems like hard work to put custom wiring in if it is already in the loom, my 89 Maestro 1.6L had wiring for front windows (never looked for rear), mirrors and central locking in the main loom.
                          There is no wireing into the door for any window so if theres a connector behind the dash ill have to find it,. but still need a diagram for it
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

In my maestro 1.6L the wiring was at the bottom of the B piller, you needed to plug the door loo into this.

The control box plug hangs down behind the control box.

If you find these you don't need the wiring diagram.

The mirror loom plugs were found in the dash at the ends and where the switch fits.

Comment

You will find the front loom hanging down on a 1.6L. The rear section will be missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X