LPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPG

Who has had a LPG conversion from petrol? How much would it cost .Can you DIY and if so where can you get the kit from.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

ther are a fair few kits on ebay,but going the diy route may cause problems with the insurance,my ulysse has lpg fitted and i had to send a copy of the fitting certificate to them,they also advized a yearly check and they want a copy of that,not sure if all insurance's are like that or just mine

Comment

1.3 , mine was a diy kit , cost £300 weekend to fit , me and dan(etv) set it up in one afternoon.insurance not intrested. mine was from e bay .
      only problem i had was using a 4star head, had to change it for a unleaded head.
      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

I understood that the final commisioning of an LPG system should be ALWAYS done by a quilified fitter although the rest of the installation can be done by a resonable DIYer.

Apart from the safety aspect without an official certification you can not benifit from the tax advantages of LPG i.e. no London congestion zone charge.

As with any modification you should inform your insurance company.

Comment

Working...
        X