mg maestro t16 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mg maestro t16 conversion

well its all t16'd up now took a week to do it start to finished done the bulk at work cutting the x-member fitting the engine and box this took 2 1/2 3 days then towed it home to do wiring and water piping had to wait a week for kenlow fan to turn up

first road test was good but not a punch packing as the 800 was till i wound the boost back up and away it goes

my mate had a go in it and nearly ripped the sump of scrapping it twice along the road

not sure wether to get a tickford kit or leave it 2.0mg

could always buy a proper tickford

here's a couple of pics try do some more this weekend needs a good wash

donar car

engine out

x-member cut outs

t16 fitted

who' gonna know

and a pic from a couple of years back when some else owned the car

Looking great bud!

you gonna be tuning the new lump?

Comment

Originally posted by ben rawlings
      Looking great bud!

you gonna be tuning the new lump?

Not alot you can do to tune the t16 with out spending thousands.

Generally if people have thousands to spend on a Maestro it should be on the bodywork (if it needs it) first in my opinion
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy.01
        first road test was good but not a punch packing as the 800 was till i wound the boost back up and away it goes
        Of course it don't fly with the boost turned down.

my mate had a go in it and nearly ripped the sump of scrapping it twice along the road
        I holed my 820 sump under heavy breaking when a bit of gravel got caught between the sump and the road, 220 sump is the only way to go.

not sure wether to get a tickford kit or leave it 2.0mg
        Keep it as it is, I'm only going the tickford route so I can fit my FMIC

Comment

got a spare t16 sitting on the engine stand at work that i can play with gonna sort the body work first its a bit scabby at the mo

Comment

Engine conversion

Looking gooood... and stock!!

Now is the inspiration I need to finally buy another van and shoehorn that 350ci Chevy 4-Barrel V8 I've got sitting in my shed from my old Drag Racing days??

Comment

Fantastic- standard looks but with engine mods are the way to go, same as my li'l Metro

Comment

chevy v8 go for it

Comment

Hmmm... Not Chevy but Rover??

Well... been thinking about it and I am now 90% positive about doing this project. HOWEVER... have been offered a complete V8 and autobox from a 'Y' reg Range Rover so think this may be easier (and keeping it in the 'family'!!) as I don't have a 'box for the Chevy lump!! Now just need a decent van shell
                  (looks on eBay...........) :laugh:

Comment

range rover has a honking great big transfer box bolted to it

the range box is the same size as the titanic's first gear lol

Comment

Hmmmm...not seen it yet, offer came from a friend of a friend!!
                      Still...it's for stupid money so might buy it, sell the transfer box and try and pick up a decent slush box from somewhere

Comment

its always handy to have a v8 siting around i wish i had one to slot into my mgb gt

Comment

well my maestro has been of the road for nearly a year it failed its mot in january this year,so it was put on the garden and i havent touched it until today

i've changed the brake fluid and hopefully sorted out the pedal travel

removed the towbar and bumper so i can fit a new o/s/r wheel arch
                          behind the bumper a couple of 8'' holes have appeared along the rear panel
                          so tomorrow i gonna stick the mig in my boot and have a day on it and start swapping over my decent panels

it will be on the road before summer is over,even if its green and red

i'll get some picks up tomorrow

Comment

fatboy, tomorrow y will buy an 820ti too, can you help me to make the only maestro T16 turbo in spain?

Comment

Hows the car coming on then ? havent seen u on here for a while!

Comment

Working...
                              X