Kv6 montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kv6 montego

As i'm sure you all know I am a world class, grade a car bore with too much time and imagination, and the most recent idea bouncing round my brain is that of a kv6 monty. Has any one else tried this idea before if so was it met with any success. If not are there any old Rover buffs who would know if the idea could work, i.e is there enough room under the montys bonnet, which gear box the kv6 was fitted to, is the v6 any lighter than the old o-series, that sort of thing. Then, maybe when I win the lottery I could put this plan into reality and we could all benefit from my shirt and jumper levels of boringness.

Added More Info

Hmm. Well it might but would be tight. The T16 Engine is from the 800 and the Kv6 is from the 800 so theres a possibility that it could. You would ned to change the suspension as the KV6 is Heavy.

EDIT.

Would Love to have a KV6 Monty Estate. I have Both Anyway.
    Last edited by Stephen G; 12th December 2007, 15:43.

Comment

That's the most ridiculous logic I've seen in ages

However, that aside, It might fit, but I imagine it would be very tight.

Sounds like fun. I'd be interested to see it done with a 2.7 Honda unit instead though.

Dave

Comment

It should fit, as there is lots of room under the bonnet of the maestro/montego range. As the KV6 uses the same gearbox as the 0 series cars the mounts for the box would be easy, but the front engine mount would be differcult.

Weight wise the KV6 is not much heavier than a T series, due to its all alloy constrution, but it is much more likely to fail than any of the o series family of engines. The KV6 sound lovely (have a MG ZS 180) but after spending all the time fitting it you would be disappointed i think. Torque and power is not that far in front of the o series turbo, with 240nm @ 4000rpm, and 175bhp @ 6500rpm compared to the o series turbos 230nm @3500rpm, and 150 bhp @ 5100rpm. So if you were looking for power the T series turbo would be better.

But the KV6 montego would be different if a bit differcult and expensive to build. An other engine which could be fun would be the K series turbo as fitted into the rover 75 and MG ZT. Light weight and turbo power.

Comment

Originally posted by henocsr

But the KV6 montego would be different if a bit differcult and expensive to build. An other engine which could be fun would be the K series turbo as fitted into the rover 75 and MG ZT. Light weight and turbo power.
          They are only low pressure turbos though so wont be that exciting.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Although they are low pressure turbos, still give 148bhp in rover form with 215 nm of torque. In the weight of a maestro and due to the weight of the engine could be intersting, though not as good as a tuned t series or o series turbo. The handling with the lighter engine could be improved.

Comment

cool! looks like it may be possable especially if i do it with a newer kv6 from a mgzs or zt. interesting point with the honda engine, however 170bhp from 2.7 litres is a bit poor maybe the 3.2 version out of an nsx would be more pokey with its 290bhp and vtec heads

Comment

Working...
              X