Alloy repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy repairs

Does anyone know of a reputable and reasonably-priced alloy repair service in the Surrey area, or nearby? One of my wheels has some scuffing around the edges, which is a shame because the others are near-perfect!

No but don't be surprised if, when you get one wheel re-done, it shows the othe three up, no matter how close to perfect they currently look
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I suppose I could have them all done, but then I'd be spending almost as much as the car's worth! And they'd show up the paintwork on the car (despite the nice photos, there have been quite a few botched paint repairs done over the years!)

I've always found the VP Montego alloys to be a bit boring - my favourites are the ones on the early MG Maestros.

Comment

Typical price round here to have wheels dipped/blasted and repainted tends to be between £25 and £35 per wheel. Expect to pay an extra tenner to have the tyre refitted and balanced. That's still quite a bit cheaper than a new set of alloys, assuming you find some. A genuine NOS set of four Montego 15"x6" cross-spoke alloys recently sold on ebay for close-on £300, but typically used ones go for much much cheaper or not at all. They probably wouldn't be any better than yours unless yours literally have chunks of rim missing.

If you're strapped for cash or struggling to justify the expense and just want to give the wheels a spruce-up, passable repairs can be obtained at home with patience, careful masking, some wet & dry paper and rattle-cans. Here's one I restored to use as a spare:

Mind you, the rattle-cans are not exactly cheap these days either!
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Typical prices round here seem to be £50-75, although that is for someone to come to where you are. If someone is able to recommend somewhere reputable, those prices aren't unreasonable.

Comment

spit and polish think there in eastbourn behind asda if ya need more info i can find out for you

Comment

Some places will do it for £25 per wheel, i've neglected to remember where that was though, sorry

Comment

I paid £110 to have 4 Montego dish-alloys stripped, repaired and painted - including the centre caps. There is quite a well established firm here in bury that does a roaring trade. Not much help to you thought considering your location!

Comment

I was thinking of giving this franchise a call:

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/index.html

Looks like they're quite big - do people reckon they are reputable?

Comment

Working...
                  X