Handbook Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbook Packs

Here's an idea for a very subtle upgrade... to your handbook pack! They originally came in a little plastic pouch, and I've wondered for a while if it might be a nice detail to upgrade it to something a bit posher.

I've just received this from a small company who make such things to order. They do them in various colours or materials and have even used the Maestro font. Is it an improvement or will it look out of place?

Original handbook packs, as they came supplied new:

The more modern alternative:

Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
    2011 Jaguar XJ

Very nice!.

Just how much are they and what is the minimum order?

Mal.

Comment

Nice little touch.
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Liking that Jon! I wouldn't mind one (or three!)
        EDIT: Do you reckon they could do one with the MG Maestro Turbo's 'turbo' lettering underneath "Maestro" and in the correct font?
        Last edited by G51 NAV; 26th January 2008, 19:11.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I like that .. very smart.. A definate improvement on the original plastic wallet

Comment

Do they do it in Montego.

Id definately have 1.

Comment

There's no minimum order, it's a bespoke product and they'll do them in different colours, materials or presumably with anything you like engraved on the front. Mine cost about £30 though so you've really got to love your car, but the quality is very good.

I'm tempted to ask if we can get them done at slightly lower cost by adding them to our regalia range.
              Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
              2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

What's it made from Jon? Is it leather? What colour-options are available (a grey matching the two MGs' interiors would be nice)?
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

If they can do this, they have another guaranteed customer, but it has to be bang on, no "very near as damn it":
                  Last edited by G51 NAV; 1st April 2011, 09:50.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Mine's a kind of mock leather, but there's nothing to say you couldn't splash out and get one done in real leather, suede inner lining etc. Colours are green, red, black, dark blue, burgundy & tan. Grey would have been my choice if it were available.

Edit - Jon, I think the front plate has to include your registration because they're using the MG trademark.
                    Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                    2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Ah ok fair shout. How do they do the inscribing though? How do they get the patterns? Did you supply what you wanted say as a JPG image and their computer works out how to inscribe it as an outline?
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

You'd have to ask them, John. I'll give you a contact number if it's helpful.

I didn't need to supply any artwork.
                        Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                        2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

I'd definitely consider a VP version for the Montego. Perhaps we should ask if club members could get a discount, in return for making members aware of the product. I'm sure they'd get quite a few orders - I didn't know this sort of product existed, and I'm sure many others would consider buying one if they knew it was available.

Comment

Cheers Jon. Email would probably be better for me though: phoning anywhere during working hours for me is difficult as personal calls are strictly frowned upon by my employer.
                            Regards
                            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I would buy one for the Mini.

Comment

Working...
                              X